How Do You Use Yours? – Why use Coach Logic?
It is hard to believe that we have only been officially ‘live’ since November 2012 and it is interesting to see the many ways in which our members are using Coach Logic.
‘Sharing is Caring’ and so I thought it was a good time to share some of the ways in which our members are utilizing the features of Coach Logic to suit their needs. When Andy and I first created the system we wanted to make it as flexible and as easy to use as possible so it could be applied to a variety of different sports. However we never imagined that within those sports it could also be adapted to fit so many different needs.
- Uploading and analyzing match footage for players to review and comment on before next training session. This includes opposition analysis
- Uploading Training footage to work on individual or team skills/plays
- Filming and collating team plays to allow players to visualize and get up to speed quicker with specific patterns and structures
- Model performers category to highlight good practice and help motivate players to attain higher standards
- Grant administration rights to players to allow them to tag and comment on their own performance, before setting goals for the next match/training session
- Remote coaching – Monitoring performance in the gym or on the training field by allowing players to upload their footage to allow for technical scrutiny by the coach
- Uploading of Powerpoint presentations to store lectures/conference material or team plays
- Filming mock interviews to educate players on how to best handle the media
- Coach Education – Uploading of drills and sharing good coaching practice
- Charging supporters a small fee to see matches they may have missed for a number of reasons including a change of location or unable to make away matches
Creating and publishing fitness programmes and test batteries
- Monitoring player progress and creating a healthy competitive team culture
- Using the extensive A-Z exercise video gallery to educate coaches/players/students on correct technique
- Allow players/students to build, follow and test their own training programmes
- Using the extensive test protocol library to educate coaches/players/students on the correct procedures when implementing standardized tests
- Creating a bank of exemplar fitness programmes that can be used by other coaches and educational institutes
- Players reporting and physiotherapists collating medical histories to track trends and avoid future injuries through appropriate prehab conditioning
- Using the ‘report injury’ feature to initiate a conversation prior to being seen later in the week. This allows players to manage their injury earlier and therefore improve their chance of returning to play sooner
- Use ‘Medical Resource’ area to upload appointment sheets and clinic timings to avoid the typical rush 30mins prior to training
- Upload links and documents regarding acute injury management and other procedures to reduce the severity of injury and speed up time taken to return to play
- Create and monitor rehab programmes
- Improve communication channels between players, coaches and medical staff
I am sure there are many other ways that Coach Logic can benefit our users and we are looking forward to seeing even more fantastic innovative ways utilize the system.
“Build it and they will come” (K. Costner, 1989)